Monday, September 24, 2012

She's Still Not Married - Really


I love reading Eric's emails and think it is so cool that we get to share this experience together. I can't wait until we are both out in the field at the same time! It is crazy that he leaves the MTC so soon. The rest of the mission will only get better. :) 

This has been such a busy week. My companion is sure teaching me how to work hard, shes the best! Transfers are next Monday and I have a feeling that I might be leaving this area, especially because I have been here my whole mission. I am still the youngest Spanish speaking sister in our mission but we have two new ones that are finally coming next week.

This week we had many great lessons. We are teaching xxxx, and she talked her mom into listening to us too. Both of them are great! Her mom changed her work schedule so that she can come to church on Sundays. We hadn't even asked her to do that yet and she did it on her own. They both want to be baptized and were talking about it once we left and xxxx's little brother who is 9 heard them. He asked his mom if he can be baptized too. He is planning on coming to the lessons from now on so that they can all prepare together. I love seeing the people we are working with progress and change and seeing how happy it makes them. I think one of my favorite parts of the mission is being able to see the change when people accept the gospel into their lives. 

We had another great lesson with one of our single adults. Her sister who is 20 sat in the lesson with us and it went really well. They didn't see the importance of baptism again since they have already been baptized into the xxxx church. She has received an answer and knows that the Book of Mormon is true though. We have explained the restoration and the authority many times, but this time basically told them straight out that the xxxx church doesn't have the authority to baptize. We asked them to pray to know if they should be baptized again into this church. We have never been so bold, but I think they finally understood and agreed to pray about it. They both want to come to church on Sunday, and said that what they have learned from us makes more since than the xxxx church. I just hope they really do pray about and come to church because I know that they will feel different here. 

A couple of nights ago we were talking to people as we were on our way back to the car. We started talking to three guys standing outside and taught them a quick lesson. After, one of the guys looked at me and he was talking really fast. I thought he asked, "Are you married?" But he really said, "Do you believe in marriage?" I said "no". Lets just say it was really awkward and I am thankful for a companion who fixed what I said! Haha! 

Eric I'm glad you liked the package. I'm so proud of you!

Anyway, time to go play soccer with my zone! Woo! Have a great week! Love you all so much! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment