Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Know That Heavenly Father Answers Our Prayers

Hola! This has probably been the most amazing week of my life. I feel like a completely different person then I was a week ago. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers because I got a clear answer to mine. The answer might not come when we want, but I know that if we have faith and are patient that it will come on the Lords time.

Showing off her vertical

Last week on Friday night we were supposed to be having class, but it turned into a testimony meeting. I cannot exaplin the spirit that I felt. That night every person in the room including the teachers and every single elder was in tears. I wish there were words to explain it. That experience changed me. There are not words to describe what I felt but I absolutely know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me. I know that this church is true and I can't wait to share this with those people in Anaheim. Maybe they wont be able to understand much of what I say but as long as the spirit is there they can know for themselves the plan that Heavenly Father has for them. His love for us is real. It is amazing how he blesses our lives.

Briana's MTC District Showing Where They're Heading

On Sunday we listened to Elder Bednar's talk that he gave at the MTC during Christmas. It was so good! He talked about how the natural man turns in when Jesus Christ turns out. I have learned how important it is to focus on others. Jesus Christ is our perfect example.

Being here on a mission is the best decision I have ever made. I have never felt closer to my Heavely Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. One of my new favorite scriptures is Mosiah 3:19 :)

The prayer for the fireside went well. I wasn't nervous until I stood up to give it and realized that there were 2000 plus people staring at me and a bunch of cameras zoomed in on my face.. and my face was on the huge screens. Haha. But it really wasn't that bad. Afterwards Andrew Lamunyon came up and we got a picture together. I didnt have my camera but he took one with his. I also saw Brad Marley on Sunday but neither of us had our cameras. I think I'll see him again though. Also after I gave the prayer, an Elder Layton came up and asked which wife of Christopher Layton I was from.

Christopher Layton

He said that he was from the third. Haha... dad do you know? (We're from Sarah Barnes, his fourth wife.) Also I think I forgot to tell you that I met a older lady when I first got here that said she was related to Christopher Layton. (When you have ten wives and sixty four children, things like that are bound to happen a few generations later.)

It has been cool that I know the MTC Mission President. It all started because my new companion had been at the MTC before so when she came back she had to meet with him. So I got to know him then and then he just happened to sit by us at lunch. Now everytime he walks by he talks to us. 

I am so glad to hear that Alyvia's surgery went well. Give her a little kiss for me when shes home. Miss you all! A couple of pictures for you and letters for the boys will be coming soon! Love you all! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment