Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Gospel is Amazing and I Wish Everyone Could Experience It

It's been another amazing week at the MTC! I have so much that I want to say, but not a lot of time.
First of all, thank you Aunt Angie, I loved your packege! Thanks for all of the letters too. My family seriously spoils me! I love you all and pray for you often.
Sisters Layton and Hunter
I saw Ricky again. I saw him walking outside and  I yelled "Ricky!" without thinking and a group of missionaries gave me a weird look. It would have been weird to say "Brother Pullan" to my cousin. Haha!

Before the devotional on Tuesday we were eating lunch and the MTC Mission President came and sat by us. He gave us a little bit of advice for our missions but then he went off on a ton of marriage advice. It was so funny, and none of us really knew what to say.

For the devotional Elder Nelson and Elder Holland came! There were also 8 others from the 70 there and 11 past MTC presidents. It was the 50th anniversary of the MTC. We were planning on skipping dinner to get in line for the Devo two hours early but everyone had that same idea. The lines were already packed when we got there.

There was a long line in the back for everyone who was singing in the choir. The choir got to go in earlier then everyone else so that they could practice. My companion and I stood at the end of the choir line so that when the choir went in we were first in that line. We ended up getting great seats!

Elder Nelson dedicated 5 new buildings in the MTC. There have been 680,000 missionaries who have served in this MTC! It was awesome to hear them speak! I feel so blessed to be here.

The Gospel is amazing and I wish that everyone could experience it in their lives. Don't be afraid to share it. Pray for missionary opportunities, and you will have them whether they are big or small. D&C 60:2 says "But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man."

This work is so important. You do not have to be on a mission to share what you know. I love the Gospel and I am so grateful that I can be here to share it with others. 
Love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment