Monday, May 7, 2012

The Gospel Has Changed His Life and He is So Happy

I'm glad you got my email from last week, I was getting worried when I read that you didn't get it. That is so weird that it sent out that night. Dad I am sorry sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. :( I will be praying for you and I am glad you are doing better.

For the phone call on Mothers Day, I can't call the day before to set up a time. We are not allowed to do a pre-call. And they just barely made a new rule that we can't skype anymore so it will be a phone call. Also I was sad when I heard this, but we are only allowed to talk for 30-40 min. That's what president said and also what it said in the white handbook. We have church at 11 and I think we will call sometime between 2 to 4ish depending on what we have going on. I hope that is ok for you guys.

Eric you are getting so close to turning in your papers. I can't wait! I am so excited for you!! That is just so awesome! I'm proud of you big lil bro.

Dad, where in Mexico did you serve your mission. about 98 percent of the people we work with or the people in our ward are from Mexico and when I tell them about my awesome dad who served in Mexico they always ask where... but saldy I forgot.. Love you familia!!

Hola mi familia! Este semana fue muy buena!! Tuvimos un bautismo! It has been amazing to teach this investigator and watch him learn and grow. He had a pretty hard life and was in depression before he found the gospel. The gospel has changed his life and he is so happy. He struggles a lot because they cut his hours at work to only two days a week. I was nervous to teach about tithing, but he has so much faith and didnt even worry about paying his tithing. He knows that he will be blessed for it. Also I taught the law of Chastity for my first time and invited him to live it. Awkward.. My companion made me do it.

Haha. We are working with another investigator who is so awesome! He told us that he wants to be baptized and he said that he knows God sent us to him. We found him knocking on doors. He felt the spirit so strong in our last lesson. He said "Me da mucho sentimiento". I love it when investigators feel the spirit for the first time. We invited him to pray about a date that he can get baptized. It's hard because he can't ever come to church because of his job. We also invited him to talk to his boss about getting off work and to pray for a way that he will be able to come to church.

Tonight and am going on exchanges in an English speaking area (East Bluff). I will be there all day tomorrow. It is one of the richest areas in our mission and I am kind of nervous because white people scare me. Haha... They are always the ones who get mad at us.

Last week I went to Anaheim with the spanish speaking sisters. Hermana Breitenstein comes back on the 15th so I wont have to leave our area as much. I can't wait for her to come back! Sorry I don't have a lot of time. I think I say this a lot, but I love being a missionary!! :) Adios!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be her when I grow up! Oh, and white people scare me too! (He, he - they better be nice to her)

    ReplyDelete