Monday, October 29, 2012

I Like This Room, I Can Feel the Spirit in Here


 Hola mi familia!

Last Tuesday after I emailed we went to the temple. I love it there and was very grateful to have the chance to go! After the temple our district went to the park for the rest of our P-day to feed the ducks.
No Turtle Races
We started feeding them, and a bunch of turtles would swim up to eat the bread. We caught some of the turtles and were going to have turtle races but we ran out of bread so they stopped coming. It was lots of fun! 

This week we were on a street headed to a lesson and the guy had just gotten home from work and was cleaning up so they asked us to come back in 15 minutes. We decided to go find some of the potentials that lived on that same street. As we started walking towards one of their houses a lady ran over to us and said,

"Wait! Are you Mormons?"

We said yes, and she told us that she has been looking for us. She used to meet with the missionaries, and would go to church all the time but moved and lost contact with them. She said that she couldn't find missionaries anywhere and so she went to many different churches but none of them were the same. She was really excited that she found us and wants to start coming back. Well this week we found out that she has to move again, and wants the missionaries to come visit her there. Also, when we were teaching her I had a random thought that she looked like one of my old investigators so I asked if they were related, and she said that it was her mom! Haha crazy! It was cool to be able to meet her and see the desire that she had to learn and come to church. 

Making Caramel Apples
This week we also taught [Brother X] a few more times. We had a lesson about the Sabbath Day and he told us that he was going to come to church and that he knew he needed to. Well, sadly he didn't show up. He said he was out of town and got back too late to come. It was really sad though because this is the third week in a row that he said he would come but then didn't. We have been praying a lot for him and I hope we can help him see the importance of church. 

This week I had a couple of cool experiences. The first one was a couple of days ago. I went on exchanges to Anaheim hills and they had their Halloween party that night. They had members in all of the classrooms handing out candy to all of the kids. The kids were all really excited and running around. There was one room off to the side that had a church video playing and it was a lot quieter. A boy who was probably about 5 or 6 years old walked in and sat on the chair for about 15 minutes while the rest of the kids were running around getting candy. Then he stood up and walked over to us and said, "I like this room, I can feel the spirit in here." That was so amazing to me that this little boy could recognize the spirit, and that he liked being there because he could feel it. 

Another experience that I had was last night. There was a member in our ward who was in the hospital. Her husband who is not a member, couldn't be there with her for most of the time because of work. We went to visit her and started singing hymns with her. During on of the last songs, her husband walked in the room and started to tear up. I know that he was able to feel the spirit. 

Yesterday was the wards primary program. Remember how Curtis used to sing really loud...Well there was a girl in the ward who reminded me of that. It was so cute!! I love those kids! The primary program is always my favorite!
The Cute Snake
This coming week we have the Halloween party for our ward. Its going to be after Halloween, but that's normal for my ward. haha! At the Halloween party when I was on exchanges there was a lady with a huge snake and she let me hold it for a while. It was so cute. It kinda freaked me out though when it's head started coming closer to my face. I think I want a pet snake when I get home (or probably not).

So yeah, exchanges were fun. I am super grateful to be speaking Spanish and to be in my area. We went tracting in Anaheim hills and it was really sad! It is a very rich area and the people were not very nice. At least here the people are super nice and talk to us even if they don't want anything to do with our message.  Anyways, that's about it for this week.

Eric! That's so awesome that you are the AP! I can't wait until you are out in the field! You are going to love it! Sounds like your Spanish is coming along really well! You probably will pass me up soon! :) Good luck!! You are always in my prayers! :) Love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment