Thursday, March 1, 2012

Last MTC Letter

Hola! This was such a great week!!! I am really going to miss it here.

I just spent most of my day packing. I leave at 5 in the morning Tuesday to meet at the travel office and then head to the airport. I don't think my plane leaves until 8 something though. I'm nervous, excited, and don't really know what to expect.

Guess who came for my last devotional... Elder Holland! I have been so lucky. I've been able to hear from Elder Holland twice and Elder Nelson twice. No one had any idea that he was coming so there weren't lines to get in. I sat in the middle about half way back. We were singing a hymn when he walked in and everyone stood up. At first I didn't know what was going on and I was so excited when I saw who it was. There were ushers in the front holding up two fingers meaning that there were two seats open up there. I waited a few minutes and no one went up so I looked at my companion and said, "lets go!" I ended up sitting in the third row right in the middle. I was so close! He talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and how important it is to use when we are teaching.

One of my favorite parts was when he talked about how we are God's investigators. When I want one of my investigators do do something like read more from the Book of Mormon on pray more, that is what Heavenly Father wants of me. Just like we don't want the investigators to fall back, Heavenly Father doesn't want us to fall back. It's so important to continually be progressing. I have a lot of notes from his talk and wish I had more time to share them. It was very powerful though and made me want to be so much better then I am.

Have I told you that I LOVE being a missionary? Anyways, not much time left, but please please pray for the people in Anaheim! I love them so much already.

I think it Gabe's Birthday. Please tell him happy birthday for me! Also happy birthday to Sean on Tuesday! I am going to send him a letter.

Lets see, about the call card. I will figure it out, so don't worry about sending me one. I can call in the airport for a few minutes only if there is time. I will do my best though! Oh, and I got a Spanish hymn book! wahoo! Our Branch President's wife spoils us and she said once we leave she might call our moms for us. :) One night she brought us Cafe Rio and we had a little party. haha. Shes great.

This week in church I am playing "Let us All Press On" on the piano with Hermana Newton and our district is singing for our goodbye song.

Love you familia so much! Adios! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment