Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Love Serving a Mission

I am so excited to hear that we have sister missionaries in our ward!

What are their names? There was a girl in my ward from BYU Idaho who got called to the Eugene Oregon mission. That would be crazy if she was serving in our ward! The sisters lunch was great, I got to meet all of the sisters in the mission. There were about 20 to 30 of us.

The Spanish speaking sisters are all awesome. I will most likely be companions with some of them eventually so it was fun to get to know them. I was talking to one of the Senior missionaries there and we figured out that she knows Grandma and Grandpa Layton from a long time ago. I think she said that her daughter went to primary with dad. Do the Tarrys (Terrys?) sound familiar?

I loved general conference. Lucky we were able to watch it in English so I was able to enjoy it. I love listening to the prophet and apostles! Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf were my favorites.

This morning we were able to go to the temple. I love the temple so much, I can't wait to go back. This next week we have a temple tour for our investigators so we get to walk around it.

Tomorrow we have a mission conference. I am so excited for it! I will get to see all of the Anaheim missionaries who were in my district in the MTC. Also our mission president said that this conference will be a life changing experience but he won't say why. I'm sure I will tell you all about it on Monday. Mom, you asked about how we get around. We have a car and I will most likely have one the whole time I'm out here.

The weather has been really nice. There were a couple of days where it rained, but the last few days have felt like summer. Pray for the people here and that we can find those who are ready for the message of the Gospel. I love being out here and serving a mission.
Thank you so much for the package! I love it so much!!! The outfit fits perfectly. I will have to send pics of it on Monday if I can.

Can you please do me a huge favor and thank a few people for me. I will try to write them a thank you card if I have time but lately I haven't had much time to write letters at all. The Nennemans sent me cookies and letters and it absolutely made my day.

The letters made my day and the cookies were really good. :) Sister Bonkosky sent me cookies again. She is so sweet! :) Then I think the other package was from sister Matthews and Sister Petzinger. They had the achievement day girls write cards and and sent a few other things. Could you please thank those people for me. They all just made my day. And of course the package from my wonderful fam. Thank youuuu so sooo much! :) My companeras say thanks too. :) Can't even tell you how much I love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment