Monday, August 20, 2012

New Companion


I loved hearing about your trip to Las Vegas. Sounds like a lot of fun! 

Today is transfer day. We thought that we were going to stay together because that is what President said he was planning on doing, but they made some last minute changes and sister Breitenstein got moved to a ward in Anaheim. I am still here in my first area and I love it, so I'm glad I don't have to leave yet. I already miss my companion so much but I am sure my new companion will be great too.

Her name is sister Schofield and she is from Utah. She goes to Utah State  and is going into music. I have been on exchanges with her a couple of times so I have gotten to know her a little bit. She is a very good missionary and I am excited to work with her. 

That is so cool that Eric went through the temple this week. I loved the picture with all of the family in white. We are going to the temple again this transfer and I can't wait! When does Eric leave for his mission again?
I can't wait until we are both missionaries at the same time. Have him send all of his emails when he gets out, and I will do the same when I get his email address. He is going to do so great and help so many people. Tell him to look for Hermana Andreason when he gets to Guatemala, even though there are a ton of missionaries out there.

Anyway, the other day we were tracting and there were about 30 Jehovah Witness missionaries in the same area. As we were walking we tried talking to the JW's because we talk to everyone, but they didn't like us very much. They had already knocked on a bunch of the houses so every time we went to the door people thought we were Jehovah Witnesses. We didn't end up staying in that area for too long. 

Our investigators are doing well but we are still having a hard time getting them to come to church. I am so blessed to be out here and grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I know that this church is true and love seeing the gospel change lives for the better.

Nicole that is so awesome that your sister get called to Lima Peru North mission. My brother went to that same mission. I am so happy for her. She is going to be such a great missionary!

I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!

Sister Layton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment