Monday, December 3, 2012

Filling Up on Sin Tacos


My dearest family,

Last week we played soccer for the zone activity which was a ton of fun!! My companion ended up hurting her knee though and hasn't been able to walk a lot this week. She is doing a lot better now. We went on an exchange and had a sister from another trio come stay with Sister Budge while sister Poulson and I went out to our lessons. 

I don't know if I have mentioned this, but Sister Poulson is the new coordinating sister, so we go on a lot of exchanges again like I did when I first got here. This week I had one of the craziest exchanges of my mission. Sister Poulson left, and two sisters came with Sister Budge and I, so there were four of us. All three of them are being trained, which made it a very interesting day. They were all at different parts in the training program so it was kind of crazy. 

Eric, Sister Longoria was one of the sisters that came with us. (She was in the MTC with Eric) She told me to tell you hi. Anyway, setting up the Christmas tree last week at the Bowens was a lot of fun. They fed us dinner and shared a message for family home evening. It was a nice relaxing evening. Brother ______ got confirmed on Sunday. He is doing so well!

We are still teaching his friend but he didn't come to church again like he said he was going to. He had us send missionaries to his family in Mexico which was awesome. ______ has also been inviting his other friends to listen to us. He is the best missionary! 

We had a couple of lessons with him this week and every time we go over there he tries to feed us. Well we had just eaten before we went over there and we kept telling him that, but he made us food anyway. He asked us what we ate before, and a accidentally said tacos de pecado (sin), when I meant to say tacos de pescado (fish)... He thought that was so funny. Oops. I was sooo full after his meal though! We have decided that we shouldn't eat too much before we go over to his house now, because he always feeds us more.

We went to the Christmas devotional last night which was good. I'm grateful to be out here and love it! Thanks Aunt Angie and Uncle Byron for the package. You didn't need to do that! I love and miss you all so much!

Mom, I don't really have a pic. Sorry. Plus it's super rainy here right now and doesn't really look like California.I could try to get one though but you probably need it this week..? I don't know.

Mom, that cute little jacket is perfect and it fits really well! If it was any bigger it would be too big, You did a really good job! I love it so much! Thank youuu!!! :) You didn't have to get me that. Thanks so much!!!!! :) I will have to send you a picture soon with it. :) Love you!!!

Ok, so there has been something on my mind a lot lately. I keep thinking about how I need to do something with Spanish after my mission. I was wondering if I could major in child development and minor in Spanish and still get my associates. I don't really know how that all works or it could even do that, but I keep having the thought like I need to do something in school with Spanish. Well let me know what you think or if you know how that could even work. It's just something that I keep thinking about.

Love you all so much. Thanks for the Birthday letters and package.

Talk to you in 22 days! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment