Monday, December 24, 2012

Missing Santa Ana


Merry Christmas!!!! It has been such a great week here in Anaheim!

Yesterday I even got to go back to my ward in Santa Ana because Elizabeth got baptized. It was so amazing to see everyone and be able to be there for her baptism. She has made a lot of changes in her life and has a very strong testimony. I have a picture but I can't send it yet. I would always borrow my companions camera cord before, but now I will have to get on of those soon. 

Anyway, it was SO awesome to be back in my first ward. That ward means so much to me! Church in the Anaheim ward was good too but all throughout relief society they just kept talking about how great and united the Santa Ana 10th ward is, and how they wanted to be more like that. Yeah... I got lucky being in that ward for so long. We had a zone conference this weekend and it was a little different then usual. President surprised us a little.

Just imagine a room full of elders with a huge screen in front and all of the sudden the movie Tangled comes on. Haha! It was so funny and so much fun! We had lunch after that, and then had more of a spiritual meeting. It was great! 

Things here in Anaheim are going well. We had a less active member and we were teaching his 12 and 14 year old kids. They wanted to get baptized and were doing so well. The dad has been coming back to church and really wants the gospel for his kids. Well they didn't show up to church yesterday and so we called them after.

The mom answered and told us not to come back to their house. She said that she wants her kids to come to her church and she doesn't want to hear from us again. We haven't been able to talk to the dad but he lost his job and doesnt have anything to support his kids and so they are with the mom right now. It was really sad and we are really praying for them right now. 

Well, we had a lot of success finding people last week and we made a lot of appointments to come back so I am looking forward to working here. My companions are the greatest.

Mom, to answer your question. No I am not training both of them. Hermana Longoria was behind one week on her training and so we finished it up this week so she is done now, and Hermana Henrie has been here for one transfer and so she has another transfer left of training, so for the rest of this transfer we will be finishing hers up. There is a chance that she will leave to Spain before we finish though. 

Let see what else happened this week... Oh! We were tracting and knocked on a house and a lady opened the door holding a huge butcher knife and with a super creepy voice she said, "What do you want!" She yelled at us and told us to leave so we did. It was an interesting experience. 

Tonight we are planning on going caroling with our district and bringing cookies to people.Mom, I do have Uncle Harold's address and maybe we can carol to him tonight. There are actually a lot of investigators we are planning to go by, so I don't know if we will have time, but that would be awesome!  

Also we might play soccer today. I think I convinced people here that soccer is fun so hopefully we will actually get to play. That is one thing I loved about my old zone, that they always played soccer. Anyway, I am so grateful for the opportunity to be out here serving a mission especially during this Christmas time. It is definitely a different experience than being home, but it's a good one. :) Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all so so much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment