Monday, February 25, 2013

The First Group of Nineteen Year Old Sisters


My dearest family,

We have had a great week! Sister Rollins is my new companion and she is from Washington DC. We picked her up on Tuesday from the mission home. She turned 19 in September! So crazy!... There were four Spanish sisters that came out early and two of them are already fluent in Spanish  Anyway, sister Rollins took a lot of Spanish in school and so she knows quite a bit and was in the advanced class in the MTC. She loves to play soccer and we have a lot in common. She also likes to run so we get good work outs in the mornings. I have really enjoyed working with her this week. Tonight I am going on exchanges with another one of the new sisters (Sister Corona) so that should be fun. She is from Texas and is fluent in Spanish  and she's 22 years old.

Well, the first night that sister Rollins was here we found a man to teach. He accepted a date to be baptized and said that he was going to come to church, but he wouldn't answer the phone Sunday morning and we still don't know why he didn't come. We are hoping to be able to find him again soon and hope that he is not avoiding us. We also found this guy on the street the other night who was in a rush and didn't seem interested but before he left, we asked him if he knew of anyone who was going through a hard time. 

He told us to go visit his mom and said that she would want to listen to us. Well we did and she was awesome! Her name is _________ and her two little grandkids sat in on the lesson. They were so excited to learn and really want to come to church. We are hopefully going to be able to teach their mom too because it sounded like she was interested as well. We have only met with them once though so we will see how things go. 

We have been doing a lot of finding this week because it is a pretty new area for both of us. I love it though and am so happy to be here!! The other day the assistants told us that they almost put us on bikes but they found a elders car that we could use... well, we decided that we really want to be on bike anyways and so they told us that it would be good because it saves a lot of miles on the car. My district leader and his companion said that we can borrow their bikes which will be awesome! We have been pretty much walking everywhere anyways so now we will be able to get around a lot faster! I'm excited!

That is cool that they are opening so many new missions. They are opening a new mission in Irvine California and we are not sure what will happen with our mission. I'm sure there will have to be some changes but we just don't know what yet. I think that all of these changes with missionaries right now is really cool. 

I am so grateful to be out here at this time and be part of this amazing work. I love it soooooo much!! I have seen so many blessings in my life for being here and wouldn't change this experience for anything! The gospel is true and I know it without a doubt. Love you all so much! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this girl! I'm copying her letters (and Eric's and Dallin's) and sending them to Michael. What a bunch of amazing kids!!!

    ReplyDelete