Sunday, March 10, 2013

Must Be Teaching the Pope


Hola!!!

Well the computer room has been full all day and there was just one computer so my companion just finished but I only have a few min. So sorry but this is going to be a really short email this week.. 

Ahh so much happened this week though! We have had so many amazing people put in our path and this week. I was in one of the most powerful lessons of my mission. It is amazing to be able to see the hand of the Lord in this work and see the miracles each day! I am so grateful for these experiences. This week we taught a girl named ________ and the spirit was so strong in the lesson! At the end she was crying and said she wants to be a member of this church. She didn't accept a date because she is really worried about her family. They are very catholic and they weren't super happy when they found out that she was talking to us.
She really wants to share what she has learned and felt with her family and see if they will listen to us. Also her best friend is a member and she sat in the lesson with us. It was really powerful when she bore her testimony. I know that members are so important in this work and I am so grateful when they are willing to help. 

We have also been working more with __________. She accepted a baptism date for the 17th of March and is doing really well. I was able to go on a couple of exchanges this week. Some of the sisters have been pretty stressed out so I hope that the exchanges helped them a little bit. I love working with all of these sisters and learning from them! I really want the time to slow down out here. 

We had president interviews this week. I asked him if I could extend my mission and he said that it depends. If I do I will only be able to stay out three extra weeks, but it would be in the middle of a transfer and so it might be better if I didn't. Anyways I guess I just really have to make the best out of the time I have left! 

Anyways, funny story from this week... so we were teaching this guy but it was at his friends house. He accepted a baptism date and we were super excited for him. Well at the end out his lesson he gave us his address. A couple of days later we went to find him and when we were looking for his address we drove up to a huge catholic church. Yeah I think he was trying to tell us that he wasn't interested... that was just a really funny way to tell us.

Haha!! Anyways sorry this is so short. Love you all so much!!! Have a great week! :)

~Sister Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment