Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sr Breitenstein Heads Home


Hello my dearest family!

We had another great week! This week I was able to go on exchanges with sister Breitenstein. She goes home from the mission in a week even though it will be right in the middle of a transfer, because she got an extension. It was fun to be able to work with her again though, but so weird to think that she is leaving. I will be the oldest Spanish sister missionary in the mission now, and I'm training the two youngest! Haha. They are really the greatest though and I am so blessed to be able to work with both of them. We still haven't had any time to get bikes, but we have some time planned today to go find some, so hopefully this week we can leave the car at home. The weather has been so nice this week and I got my first little sunburn. Curtis, I will be tanner than you when I get home. That's my goal anyways. :)

Well our investigators have been doing great. There are so many different people being put in out path. It is amazing to see the hand of the Lord in this work every day. We found three families this week and they have the cutest little kids! Two of the families accepted baptism dates and we are still working with the other one. The hardest thing has been getting investigators to come to church, because they always tell us they are going to come and end up canceling last minute. We find them rides and talk with them about the blessing that come from attending church but it's still hard to get them there. Any ideas that might help? :) 

Well, _______ is still doing great. We taught him the word of wisdom, and he has a problem with everything except for tea. He was so willing to give it up though and when we met with him again he told us how he was about to smoke but then he thought of the word of wisdom and threw his cigarette away. We also talked about baptism again and he didn't understand why he had to wait. He wanted to get baptized yesterday but we have to wait a couple of weeks to make sure he is good with the word of wisdom. Also I don't remember if I already told you about ______, but we passed him to the singles ward because we thought that he would do a lot better there. He went to institute and they said he loved it. He still seemed like he wants to get baptized and I am so excited for him. Also we haven't been able to find _______. I think she is avoiding us, so she wont be getting baptized next week but hopefully we find her soon and see if she still wants to learn. Well, that's about it for the week. Love you all!

So I didn't find my wallet this week. :/ No big deal though. Yes, I am the driver but we have permission for one of my companions to drive until I get the temporary license. They actually just called me today and said that my new missionary card and temporary license came in so I will be getting it tomorrow. Wahoo! Thanks for taking care of all that mom, sorry it was probably such a pain. I still kinda hope my wallet will show us somewhere, but we'll see. Love you all so much!
have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment