Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Progress


Hello fam!

This morning we got to go to the temple and it was amazing! Last night right before bed I realized that since I lost my wallet I didn't have my temple recommend  and our session was at 8:00 this morning. Well, I talked with President and we figured it all out so that I could go.

I learn so much each time I go, and I love the way it feels being inside the house of the Lord. I am grateful that we are able to go every once in awhile.  Afterward we went to the Calls for a zone lunch and it was so goood! I forgot what real food tastes like! Haha... I really like Mexican food but we just eat it every day so the change was nice.

This week was great. On Monday we went Lazer tagging and mini golfing with the zone. The Lazer tagging was really weird because we had to stay with our companions the whole time and since we were in a trio it was really easy for people to see us. We had a blast though and it was a great zone activity.

Our investigators are doing well. ________ came to church again but left early because he was so tired. He worked nights, but just got his schedule changed so he has earlier shifts now. Hopefully that will help him so that he won't be so tired during church. 

________ is doing really well. We were able to meet with her "husband" this week. We just found out that they are not married but they want to get married and have been trying to. I guess the problem is that _____________________. I don't really understand it completely but it has something to do with that. We have some ideas to try help them out but we will see what happens.

Their kids still love when we come over and are so cute! This Sunday they couldn't come to church because the baby has bronchitis and looked so sick. They wanted to come though and are planning on it once she is feeling better. They are progressing really well. We are going to have to move their baptism date, but hopefully their boy can still get baptized soon even if they have to wait a little bit. 

This week we went over to _________ to see if there was anything that we could do for her. She let us fold laundry and help the kids with homework which was awesome because the people here hardly ever let us serve them. Afterwards she taught us how to make tortillas which was way cool! She has opened up a lot since we've started teaching her. The members have really welcomed her into the ward. We love working with her and watching that changes in her life.

I know I say this all of the time, but, the mission is the best. There is nothing better than being out here doing the Lords work. I love being a missionary. I am just so grateful for the opportunities I've had and for the people I have met. I love this gospel more than anything. Well I hope y'all have a great week!

Sister Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment