Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Letter

Hola mi famila. I dont have a lot of time to write. My P day will usually be on Thursdays. I seriously love it here at the MTC! It is crazy how much I learn each day. It feels like I have been here for a long time and it hasn't even been a week.

The very first night I got here I was sent with the first group of girls that walked by. They were from Thailand. We went to a devotional that night and then I went to class with them. I could not understand anything! It was pretty funny.
The first day that I went to my spanish class, the teachers wouldnt say anything in english. I didn't understand most of what he was talking about but it is getting a lot easier to understand now. When we told him we couldnt understand, he said that we were called by God and He wouldnt send us here if we couldnt do it. I have already learned that I have to be patient and I know that it will come.

My companion is awesome. She has taken four years of spanish at BYU Idaho so she knows everything that is going on in class. Today we found out that she is moving up to the advanced spanish class here and she will be leaving the MTC in three weeks instead of nine. I will find out who my new companion is soon.

The prophet is coming to the MTC January 31st!!! I am so excited!

Friday was our first day teaching our investigator in espanol. I was so glad to have a companion who knew what she was talking about. Haha! Today we taught him again and he said he would commit to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. He also said he would come to church and he wants to bring his kids. Anyways I am almost out of time. I know I am supposed to be here. I love and miss you.

Dad thank you for the letter. Tell everyone to send more letters!!!!!! Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment